Born in Phnom Penh (Cambodia) into a family of business owners, HUN Lak shown entrepreneurial skills since the age of 15 where he started afamily owned photo shop. He subsequently teamed up with friends to trade commodities with neighboring countries from 1987 to 1991. By 1992, together with his brothers to set up Mittapheap Co., Ltd (a hotel & restaurant, and Travel Agent.)
He moved in to forming a corporate since 1997 by establishing HCC Group Co., Ltd, with only 12 staff and turned the company into now a leading environmental services provider currently employing thousands staff with offices in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap with subsidiary named EnviroCam Services. The HCC Group has since obtained due professional recognition:
- November 2008: Gold Crown Award for an outstanding commitment to Quality and Excellence in the realm of Customer Satisfaction, Leadership, Innovation and Efficiency by the Business Initiative Directions in London United Kingdom.
- May 2011: Diamond category for Excellence and Business Prestige recognized for Commitment to Quality, Leadership, Technology, and Innovation at the International Quality Summit New York.
Although Hun Lak has effectively managing the HCC Group and makes the company's equity constantly grow every year, he has also encountered vast difficulties and struggles throughout those times.
"my late parents often told me to keep on working hard and whatever I do to overcome difficulties, I must protect the company's branding"
By using his personal philosophy combine with lesson learned from his late parents, he then has carried on to prosperities.
As a result, as the entrepreneurial bug bite further, he went on to set up the Artistic Resources Pte. Ltd, known as Simphony Music School, in 2010 and he called up a few local business partners to establish Mekong Oryza Trading Co., Ltd - a rice merchant and semi-processing firmin early 2011.
Hun Lak presently holds following position:
- Managing Director of HCC Group Co., Ltd (EnviroCam Services)
- Managing Director of Synergy (Capital) Cambodia Co., Ltd
- Managing Director of Mekong Oryza Trading Co., Ltd
- Managing Director of the Artistic Resource Pte., Ltd
- Board member and Deputy Treasurer of the Chamber of Professional and Micro Enterprises of Cambodia (CPMEC)
- Secretary General of the Federation of Associations for Small and Medium Enterprises of Cambodia (FASMEC).